The News
The Talk
The Station
The Community
WCCS NEWS, Sponsored by IRMC at Chestnut Ridge
Do you want to share this?


A portion of the Indiana Regional Medical Center’s main campus had to be evacuated yesterday due to some smoke in the structure. 

IRMC says that the smoke was due to an air blower motor malfunctioning and creating some smoke on the second floor near their Urgi-Care facility.  Indiana Fire Association companies 1 and 2 were called out to the hospital around 5:07.  Fire officials confirmed that there was no flame in the building.  IRMC evacuated the area as a precaution, moving their Urgi-Care customers to the Emergency Room. 

IRMC is saying that normal operations will resume at Urgi-Care this morning at their normal location.

 «  Return to previous page
 »  Send to a friend
Subscribe to channel

Get all your Hometown News

on the Hometown News App!

Scan the QR Code or download from the

iPhone App Store or Google Play!

Kathleen Smathers

Hometown News
Download the app today!
911 Report