The News
The Talk
The Station
The Community
WCCS NEWS, Sponsored by IRMC at Chestnut Ridge

Do you want to share this?


Fire crews were busy late this morning into early this afternoon after they were called to the Holiday Inn.  The hotel is located at the intersection of Wayne Avenue and Indian Springs Road.  
Officials say construction workers at the hotel cut into an electric line that sparked a fire.  The fire filled many areas of the building with smoke, forcing the evacuation of those staying there.  
Officials say the flames were mainly contained to the electrical room of the building.  Many firefighters were on the scene, on the roof of the building, taking steps to allow the smoke to escape from the building.  
Assistant Fire Chief Paul Koons says a fire marshal will likely be called in to determine exactly how the fire started. 
Photo by Kris Mellinger of Curly Bear Productions. Click to see larger version.

 «  Return to previous page
 »  Send to a friend
Subscribe to channel

Get all your Hometown News

on the Hometown News App!

Scan the QR Code or download from the

iPhone App Store or Google Play!

Kathleen Smathers

Hometown News
Download the app today!
911 Report