The News
The Talk
The Station
The Community
WCCS NEWS, Sponsored by IRMC at Chestnut Ridge

Do you want to share this?


Fire destroyed a vacant home in Ernest Saturday, Nov. 2. It was the second major house fire in Ernest in a week.


The owner of the home at 522 First Street, Bill Bailey, had been working on plumbing in the basement using a torch, and had left to go to the store in Indiana.  When he returned he discovered the flames, which fire officials say were related to the work Bailey had been doing in the basement. The Bailey family had moved out of the house recently, and it was for sale.  The Creekside, Marion Center and Indiana fire companies were called to the scene at about 4 p.m.



Photo by Kris Mellinger of Curly Bear Productions

 «  Return to previous page
 »  Send to a friend
Subscribe to channel

Get all your Hometown News

on the Hometown News App!

Scan the QR Code or download from the

iPhone App Store or Google Play!

Kathleen Smathers

Hometown News
Download the app today!
911 Report